Kym’s Medical Fund for Lyme Disease

Categories: News

I started life as a Ballet Dancer and then moved into the Fitness Industry and have taught movement for over 30 years. For the past 16 years I’ve been helping people get healthy through teaching Pilates and sharing how good nutrition can help the body heal.

What most people don’t know… for the past 11 years I’ve been suffering with Chronic Lyme Disease and this past January it flared up so badly that I have been crippled. All my joints are frozen. I have spent my entire life teaching others to move and my identity is so tied to movement that this is like a cruel joke or a nightmare…

I’ve tried to stay positive and not let people know I’m suffering and if people see me they think I’m fine. I feel like a hypocrite teaching movement and preaching good nutrition helps the body heal when I can’t move and good nutrition is not helping. I love helping others get healthy and helping others is second nature. Asking for help is not. It’s very hard for me to ask for help; but, I have little choice now. I need to get help with this terrible disease and I found a place that has 78% success rate in curing Lyme and the other 22% find incredible improvement in their disease. The place is St George Klinic in Germany. Here’s the link: http://lymeandcancerservices.com

I cannot continue to live like I am because it is not living — I’m just getting through my days. Lymes effects everyone differently; but, here’s how my days have gone since January:
• I wake up after 10-12 hours of sleep that feels like I’ve been poisoned and my shoulders hurt so badly I can barely push my blanket off
• I hobble to the bathroom because the balls of my feet feel badly bruised and my toes don’t bend
• I sit to pee and my ankles and knees barely allow it as they feel so sprained they won’t bend that far
• I get into a hot shower knowing the heat will help but my elbows barely bend enough to wash my face and neck and my hands, wrists and fingers can barely hold the soap or squeeze the shampoo and my shoulders barely allow me to lift my hands to my head to wash my hair
• Brushing my teeth some days is a challenge because my jaw won’t open enough to get the toothbrush in
• Rick often helps me get dressed and on really bad days drives me to work where I wear super cushioned shoes and walk slowly and just use my words instead of helping people get in the right position

As the day progresses I do feel a little better (sometimes); but, I get home exhausted and with my lymph glands starting to hurt. I’m doing bare minimum.

If there is anyway you can help me get to Germany, I will be forever grateful. I hope to go this August.

I cannot thank you enough for taking the time to read my post and if you cannot donate, it’s ok… maybe you can forward my post to someone who may be able.

If you need more information about Lymes, here’s a link: http://www.cdc.gov/lyme/index.html

If you know someone with Lymes who needs to talk with someone who understands what they’re going through, have them contact me through my website www.PurePilatesChicago.com

Thank you with all my heart.

Author: pilates123

Leave a Reply